This was my longest built to date. After the initial paint, I waited a couple of days, then applied the first oil wash in darker tones. I sealed it with Vallejo’s flat varnish, then added more oil colors, this time mixed to represent the dusted areas. Another coat of varnish, and then the final grease spots and other small details. For the first time I used Mig Jimenez Abteilung 502 oil colors, and I must say they are great.
The tracks were painted with Vallejo German Camo Black Brown, which is the best color in their range for bare metal. Some oil washes for the dust, then pigments and this is it. The raised surfaces on the tracks, as well as the contact surfaces of the road-wheels were “polished” with AK Dark Steel pigment, a GREAT product, also designed by Mig Jimenez. The shovel and cables were painted separately and added at the very end.
It’s time to work on the diorama!
All the IS-2 Series by Florin:
- Comparison: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=9354
- MasterClub bolts: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=80669
- Turret Construction: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=80668
- Construction Done: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=80671
- Base Coat: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=80672
- Finished Model: https://shop.1-72depot.com/?p=80673